- Download the shared folder to your computer.
- This will create a zip file that you can typically open by double-clicking it.
- Navigate to your Team Drive and click New.
- Click Folder Upload.
- Upload the folder. (Caution: If you have files that are in Word, Excel, or Powerpoint format that you want to remain in the format be sure to turn off the feature in Setting to convert them when uploading. Google Drawings and Forms will not transfer in this process in the correct format so you need to copy them individually.)
- Once all the files are in the Team Drive and your team agrees, you may want to delete the old copies in your shared folder so you don't get confused between the two.
Here is a video that will help with the process.
Once you transition to the Team Drives remember these things.
- All files are shared and owned by the team.
- The original person that setup the Team Drive may consider not giving the Full rights to the folder but Edit rights only.
- Each individual folder can have rights set if necessary.