- Pic Lits- PicLits.com is a creative writing site that matches beautiful images with carefully selected keywords in order to inspire you. The object is to put the right words in the right place and the right order to capture the essence, story, and meaning of the picture.
- Big Huge Labs- This site contains many tools that you can use for writing and vocabulary lessons.
- Comic Creator- The Comic Creator invites students to compose their own comic strips for a variety of contexts. The organizers focus on the key elements of comic strips by allowing students to choose backgrounds, characters, and props, as well as to compose related dialogue.
- Storybird- Use illustrations to inspire students to write stories: picture books for K-5, longform chapter books for Grades 5-9, and poetry for everything in-between.
- The Story Starter- Have no idea what to write about? Give this a try.
Friday, December 2, 2016
Online Writing Tools for Students
Are you trying to get your students to improve their writing skills? Here are some great resources you should share with them and see what they can do.