- Go to https://drive.google.com
- Click the New button>More>Google Drawings
- Go to Insert>Image or create your own using the tools available.
- Notice you can insert an image in a variety of ways including uploading a file, importing from Google Drive, or completing a Google search online.
- Select the image to insert it on the page.
- Using the Polyline tool draw lines around the area you want people to click.
- Once the lines are drawn, click the Arrow icon to turn off the feature.
- Click the area and then click the Fill Color icon (bucket) and the Line Color icon (pencil) to change it to Transparent.
- Click Insert>Link and type the link you want.
- Go to a Google Site you have created at https://sites.google.com and add a page.
- Click Insert>Drive>Drawing.
- Locate and select the drawing.
- Select the size to display the drawing and click Save.
- Click Save for the webpage.
- Try the links to see if they work.
Wednesday, February 17, 2016
Google Tip of the Day: Creating an Image Map with Google Drawings
Google Drawings is a simple program within your Google account that is often overlooked. Here are some tips on how you can use it to create an image map.