- Type your data in Google Sheets like this.
- Highlight all the data displayed.
- Click Insert>Chart.
- Select the Chart types tab.
- Select only Use row 1 as headers.
- Scroll down and click the motion chart.
- Click the Insert button.
- Change Population to Time on the chart.
- Select your color, size, and counties as needed.
- Click Play to see the awesome results.
Monday, January 25, 2016
Google Sheet Motion Charts
So often we see bar charts and pie charts. Why not try motion charts? This makes your charts come alive and truly communicate what you are trying to get across to your audience. Here is an example of how you can take data collected on population growth in 3 Central Texas counties.